Essential Oils Are Nature's Medicine!
They Can Help Improve Your Health One Drop at a Time!
Welcome to the power-of-essential-oils.com. Your Essential Oil Guide!
- Interested in natural healing or alternative medicine?
- Leery of the side effects of prescription drugs?
- Tired of taking over the counter medications that don't work as advertised?
- Looking for something that can combat the new "super bugs" like MRSA
- Searching for new ways to deal with chronic health problems?
If your answer is "yes" to any of the questions above, please continue reading.
Become a Healer in Your Own Home
The information you will find on these pages can
assist you in taking charge of your own health and wellness. You can revolutionize your personal health care. It is referred to as self care!
You can become more self reliant and handle many of your family's health care needs by having your own natural medicine cabinet in your home. This alternative medicine can be used for every day illnesses and for emergency health needs too.
I also want you to feel that there is hope in finding an effective, safe and natural solutions even for long term, chronic health problems.
As you read and study the valuable material found on this website you will learn how to;
- Reduce visits to the doctor
- Decrease the number of days your kids stay home from school because of sickness
- Cut down on the times you or your spouse have to miss work due to illness
- Replace over the counter medications with more natural products
In my opinion, we
have become too dependent on our health care system and we need to take
greater personal responsibility for our own wellness.
Just to make the record clear I am not anti traditional Western medicine, it definitely has its place. If I suffer a broken bone I am going to the doctor to get it set or if I have a serious health problem I am going to a medical professional for their diagnosis.
However, rather than just treating the symptoms of an illness or health condition I would try to find a natural and effective way to treat the root cause of my "dis-ease".
What are Essential Oils?
The simple definition is essential oils are plant extracts.
Chemist, Dr. Robert Pappas, on his website Essential Oils University has this definition:
"Essential oils are the volatile, aromatic oils obtained by steam or hydrodistillation of botanicals."
These oils are processed from flowers, leaves, plant stems, twigs, citrus peel, bark, wood pulp, tree resin, roots, fruits and some seeds.
- Flowers - Rose oil is made from the petals of roses. As you can imagine it takes a lot of rose petals to make just a small amount of rose essential oil. The highest quality rose oil comes from Bulgaria.
- Leaves - The finest peppermint oil is made just from the leaves of the peppermint plant not the stems. You can smell the difference, peppermint oil that is made from both the leaves and the stems has a harsh herbaceous smell. The finest peppermint essential oil comes from the state of Washington in the Pacific Northwest, USA. Its aroma is sweet and clean.
- Peel - The best lemon oil is cold pressed from the peel of lemons not the fruit. The finest lemon oil and orange oil in the world comes from Italy.
- Bark - The finest cinnamon oil comes from the inner bark of the cassia tree.
- Wood - Sandalwood essential oil is made from the pulp of the Sandalwood tree. Some of the highest quality sandalwood oil comes from the islands of Hawaii.
- Seeds - Coriander essential oil is made from the seeds of the cilantro plant.
- Twigs & Foliage - Cypress oil comes from cypress trees.
- Tree Resin - Frankincense and myrrh come from the resin of trees. The finest frankincense in the world comes from a specific desert region of Oman.
One of the reasons these plant oils have
therapeutic qualities is due to the complex chemical make up of the oil.
In order for that oil to be effective it must be grown, harvested and
processed in such a way that its complex chemical composition is not
These oils are some times referred to as the "life
blood" of the plant. Many plants have the ability to fight off disease
and infestation. They pass these protective qualities on when the oil is carefully extracted by experienced growers, distillers
They are different than carrier or base oils that are normally cold pressed from the seeds, kernels, or nuts of plants. Carrier oils contain fatty acids and can be soothing to the skin but have limited medicinal value.
An herbal tincture is also different. It is a liquid solution that is processed using alcohol to extract some of the beneficial properties from a plant.
Essential Oil Research
Gone are the
days of looking at these oils as just
folk remedies or voodoo medicine. There is just too much current
scientific research supporting the therapeutic benefits of these plant
extracts. You will be able to review some of the latest medical research here.
studies come from universities and researchers from throughout the
world. I encourage additional research on the health applications of
Essential Oil Distillation
These liquid botanical extracts are produced using a steam distillation
method, cold pressed, through a CO2 process or in some cases by chemical
extraction. The finest therapeutic oils are steam distilled or in the case of citrus oils cold pressed.
When a quality oil is extracted it must be done at the
right temperature, the correct pressure using plants that are harvested
at just the right time and are grown in areas where they are indigenous
to the region.
- Essential Oils Class - Free Online Class for New or Intermediate Students
- Attend our free online essential oils class! Learn how to use 100% pure essential oils to improve your health and the health of those you love..
- How to Use Essential Oils? Tips and Suggestions!
- Most 100% pure essential oils can be applied topically and aromatically. Find out how to use essential oils internally too. Caution - Not all oils should be ingested!
- Power of 100% Pure Essential Oils - Improve Your Health Naturally and Safely!
- Learn how to use pure, organic essential oils to combat illnesses like the common cold, the flu and headaches.
- Where to Buy Essential Oils? Why is There Such a Big Price Difference?
- Where to Buy Essential Oils? Learn what to look for and why an essential oils chemical profile is so important!
- doTERRA Essential Oils - Why do They Work Better Than Other Oils?
- The key to finding the best essential oils is in the testing! Learn why doTERRA essential oils are tested five different ways!
- Health Benefits of Basil Essential Oil - It is More Than a Flavoring for Food!
- Helps get rid of congestion in the lungs and head, takes the sting out of insect bites and helps relieve ear aches in children. Click here to learn more about the health benefits of basil.
- Eucalyptus Oil Uses - From Clearing Congestion to Treating Mosquito Bites
- Learn More About the Many Eucalyptus Oil Uses Here! Use only 100% therapeutic grade eucalyptus oil for the best results.
- Benefits of Frankincense Include Healthier Skin & Better Brain Function
- The health benefits of frankincense oil are impressive! Use this oil to help with alzheimers or diabetic leg ulcers. It is also benefical for improving your emotional health.
- Benefits of Lavender Oil - Use on Skin Injuries and to Improve Sleep
- The health benefits of lavender oil include reducing stress, increasing blood flow in the body and even as a bug repellant..
- Benefits of Lemon Oil - Improves Mood and Kills Airborne Pathogens!
- One of the benefits of lemon oil I like is as a cleaner. I use a few drops of lemon essential oil in water to sanitize the kitchen, bathroom and to clean walls and floors.
- Benefits of Lemon Grass - Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally!
- The health enefits of lemon grass includes improved eyesight, helps with soft tissue injuries and fights candida. Click here to learn more!
- Orange Essential Oil - You Will Love the Aroma of this Citrus Oil!
- Orange essential oil is great for clearing congestion, lifting mood or adding flavor to a smoothie!
- Uses of Tea Tree Oil or Melaleuca Oil - Kills Bad Bacteria, Viruses and Fungus!
- Uses of Tea Tree Oil - From healing cuts and scrapes to disinfecting your refrigeratior! Click here for more information.
- Cypress Essential Oil - Use for Sore Muscles and Hemmoroids too!
- Cypress essential oil can also be used for respiratory problems, to help improve circulation and relieve sore joints.